Saturday, April 3, 2010

!$ Tamron AF 70 300mm f 4.0 5.6 Di LD Macro Zoom Lens for Canon Digital SLR Cameras



I bought this lens just to capture a moon shot (a newb had to do it). I did a comparison with Sigma and Canon but since I am a cheap-o I settled with this one. Under optimal conditions, i.e. clear sky, preferred moon phase, use of tripod and shutter release cable, the photo that I captured is pretty impressive. The details of the moons' surface is remarkable and there is very little chromatic aberration. I live in Seattle where the rain never stops and so when it is cloudy or foggy at night, the shots that I captured would need a whole lot of post-processing.



I've also tried it using the macro mode and boy it produces silky smooth bokeh! I've yet to experiment more on this feature.



The down side is this lens is really heavy and huge. DSLR cameras are bulky and this lens adds up to the bulkiness. Don't get too frustrated though. The quality of pictures you get outweighs this disadvantage imo.



Overall, I think it is worth the price and a good upgrade from your kit lens.
(69 customers reviews)
Customers Rating=4.0 / 5.0

More Detail For Tamron AF 70 300mm f 4.0 5.6 Di LD Macro Zoom Lens for Canon Digital SLR Cameras


  • 9 Groups, 13 Elements Lens Construction
  • Rotation Type of Zooming
  • 9 Diaphragm Blade Number
  • F/32 Minimum Aperture
  • 59 inch Minimum Focus Distance (1.5m) in normal setting, 37.4 inch (0.95m) in macro mode f=180mm-300mm range

No comments:

Post a Comment